GIS analysis and mapping of response assets, strategies, and data management within an Incident Command System framework during environmental emergencies and simulated exercises.
TRAJECTORY MODELS & GIS SERVICES
NJ Resources utilizes geography, software, and experience to help you make informed and holistic decisions during a real and/or simulated incident response. We provide support and assistance in exercise design, trajectory model construction, and all emergency response mapping needs.
SPILL TRAJECTORY MODELING
NJ Resources uses multiple modeling software packages, including RPS ASA OILMAP, to construct on-demand spill trajectory models during emergency responses or simulated exercises. Trajectory models provide valuable time-sensitive information about how a spill is moving and where it will threaten with respect to tides, currents, and weather.
GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS (GIS) & MAPPING
NJ Resources leverages a powerful GIS to collect, manage, and analyze data. We can provide printed display and overview maps, web maps, and a Common Operating Picture. A sample of our GIS mapping services include:
- Overflight maps and reports
- Situation Status Maps detailing locations of response assets and strategies
- Oil spill trajectory maps and mass balance reports, graphs, and tables
- Wildlife observations and Shore Line Impact maps and reports
- Emergency Response and Pollution Control mapping for on/offshore facilities